Eleigh Llaneras
This tarpoline is put up in front of Bicol University College of Nursing. I look hideous but I'm not afraid to expose this. 
            


                  I really haven’t had the slightest idea but I think I have a history of being hated for being my ordinary self. I’m not weird nor maarte but I just don’t get it why some people, whom I have nothing to do with in the first place, despite the fact that I’m trying to be nice all the time, gets annoyed with me and does everything to let me down. I have been thinking about this lately after a horrible picture of mine was put up by St. Louis Review Center as a ridiculous congratulations gesture. It’s noticeably horrible, to see all my other reviewmates in their graduation pictures or Facebook pictures and I’m the only one that looks like crap, a hideous cropped photo from somewhere. I can’t even be proud of myself for appearing on a tarpoline, like I envisioned before. This is a bad reputation picture and a huge No Thanks to them.

                Deejae Quilala, the distastefully thin reviewer-wannabe who, in our misfortune, was assigned in the Legazpi branch, could be considered as suspect number 1 for this. He has obviously resented my presence most of our review time at SLRC. Most probably the reason behind is his instinctual gay behavior that locks his attention towards the guys, who, I don’t even find attractive. Typical. I seldom went to review anyway, only in days where the big four or other reviewers would come to Legazpi. I made it a point to do my self-review at home each time he’s assigned to give us a lecture. I find his lectures a waste of time and either stuff I already know or I’d understand better with the internet. Maybe that intimidated him plus the fact that I got 2nd place in the mock board exams no thanks to him. Another thing was probably the issue with his unfortunate love target. I won’t name him since he has nothing to do with this. Here’s where I think I became an innocent threat. Despite his efforts to tutor him personally all the time, take pictures with him every after review class, and call or text him whenever possible, he’s still gay and his love interest will always be a guy who likes girls.
                Even though he’s that conspicuously gay, I wouldn’t rant about it if he hadn’t done something so dumb. I posted at the SLRC Legazpi 3rd Batch wall in Facebook, asking why I look like that in the tarpoline. I was even joking about it. But he replied, “Kasi wala kang sinubmit na picture sa Registration Form”. I pleaded, “I have a graduation picture in Facebook.” And no reply.
The only thing I can say is, “Duh? Couldn’t you have just told me about it so I could’ve submitted a decent picture before you printed out that tarpoline?
“And besides, my graduation picture is my profile picture in Facebook, why else would you go the trouble of cropping a picture from some source when a decent photo of mine is there just waiting to be copied and pasted?”
But I preferred not to wage war against someone who is to live alone for the rest of his life, so I kept mum about my sentiments…until now.
This plight reminded me of my past mishap with Carmelita Geromo, the terror teacher of St. Agnes Academy, who was mostly the reason why most of the best teachers there resigned and transferred to other schools, and the same reason why I have no honors in the fourth year. She hated me for simply being a yearbook staffer. Ridiculous, right? And she said I’m only doing it for my greater glory. Excuse me. Where did that come from? She won’t be saying those things if she hadn’t had a single tinge of hatred against me, again for reasons I don’t know.
Another tragic event from Judy Epino, another unforgettable archaic teacher of St. Agnes Academy. You have to make sure you compliment her clothes and jewelry each time she enters class, and I’m not like that so one time, a Saturday class to make up for the suspended classes due to typhoon Milenyo, we all went to class, some in school uniform and some in casual wear. I wore my PE t-shirt, which happens to be also a school uniform. She went in and reprimanded all those who weren’t in uniform. Madam, it’s just a uniform, we didn’t kill anyone. But she sounded so ridiculously angry that as quiet as I was in the left row, she saw me in my PE uniform and sent me out. Didn’t she even notice the people in front of her who were wearing casual clothes? Of all the students not in uniform, I was sent out, again for reasons I don’t know.
                Unlike my other classmates, I consider myself an anti-teacher’s pet, someone you’ll never see bringing teachers’ stuff from the faculty to the classroom and back, making a great a effort during teachers’ day, and all the stuff most students hate. I’m not a teacher hater and to be honest, I am actually friends with some. Our friendship would be considered to be confined to that student-teacher relationship and not like other students who try to lick their teachers’ butts to get attention. And probably, that’s why the people I mentioned don’t like me. Or yet again, for reasons I don’t know.
It’s really obvious they want to let me down, to make myself feel less and discouraged when I haven’t done anything wrong to them. But I got their message and no, they weren’t successful with their evil scheme. I just pity them. Karma has its own way of getting even. And with that I wish them well.



Here are my better pictures. You can now eat my shorts.

0 Responses

Post a Comment

My Blog List

Popular Posts